A snapshot of my art, sketches, in progress paintings and a look into my painting process.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
First Post, Flirting with Blogging
So I'm trying to make this work. It's not my first time trying to blog, but I've been particularly active lately and that makes for some good material. I've been fascinated with birds since I was little, I lived in a little farm growing up, watching all different kinds of wild songbirds and seabirds walk through the meadow and drink from the pond. I started painting this series because of a birthday present. My roommate has a red factor canary who sings very hard when the sun is up and I constantly joked with her about him being a little boy trapped as a bird. I painted him with a little boy's mischevious face and the result was, well, strange. But, I had fun with it and I started to wonder what a little swift boy/girl would look like and so this series has spawned itself. They're in order from last to first.
Anyway, This is hopefully the first of many little series that I create. I'm thinking about a vulture or heron next.
No comments:
Post a Comment